Quick Advice For Personal Injuries In Cleveland, Lake County And Northeast Ohio
Traffic Accident: What to Do in Case of an Accident
Here’s what to do if it happens to you:
1. Do not move vehicle unless it’s creating a hazard or police require you to.
2. Notify police immediately. Let them know if an ambulance is needed.
3. Note the position of cars and drivers; copy down license plates at the scene.
4. Do not discuss the accident with others at the scene or agree to fault.
5. Assist the police but do not admit to liability, that’s a legal determination.
6. Seek medical treatment immediately; go to the local emergency room.
7. Obtain the name of the police officer and, if possible, the accident report number.
8. Contact Lallo & Feldman as soon as possible for obtaining needed legal advice.
9. Contact your own insurance carrier within 24 hours of the accident.
Q: What is a Personal Injury?
A: A personal injury occurs whenever a person has been injured as a result of an act of negligence or breach of duty owed by another, i.e. an automobile accident, a defective or faulty product, malpractice of a doctor or other professional, property owner’s failure to properly maintain his or her premises, etc.
Q: What do I do if I have a possible injury claim?
A: It is important that you seek medical attention immediately. Then, call the offices of Lallo & Feldman as soon as possible. We will assist you in handling your claim while maximizing your benefits and at the same time:
- Our attorneys are trained to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your claim.
- We will interview witnesses, obtain reports and medical documentation, take photographs, utilize investigators, and employ experts where necessary.
- We are experienced in communication and negotiation with insurance companies and claim representatives.
- We know the law, we can tell you what your rights are, and we can keep you informed of your legal responsibilities. Also, our firm keeps well abreast of any changes in statutory and case law.
- We will fight for the maximum compensation available to you and investigate possible third party claims, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, etc.
- We can advise when a fair settlement proposal is made out of Court, or when it is in your best interest to use the Court system further to obtain the benefits you deserve.
- We will file lawsuits on your behalf, attend hearings, take depositions, and when and where necessary, effectively handle the trial of your case.